2019 Referendum Proposal
Please submit a different form for each individual proposed referendum
Referendum Sponsor(s) Full Name(s):
(If you are submitting on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization)
Referendum Sponsor(s) Contact Email Address(es):
Referendum Sponsor(s) Contact Phone Number(s):
By submitting this referendum proposal you (and all other sponsors) must agree to the attestation below. Please note that your referendum will only appear on the ballot after you submit your physical petition forms with signatures (if applicable) by the appropriate deadline. Indicate your agreement by typing your name(s) in the space provided.
On my Honor as a student, I have read and understood the UBE Rules and Regulations, I hereby agree to follow these rules, will make every effort to ensure that those campaigning under my authority will read and follow these rules, and will make every effort to campaign in an ethical manner. If I or individuals working under my authority fail to follow these Rules and Regulations, I understand that sanctions can include (but are not limited to) charges before the University Judiciary Committee, Honor Committee, or appropriate University body.
Attested on [date] by [name of sponsor(s) or sponsoring organization]
- Referendum Title:
(UBE may modify title to indicate whether a student or organization is sponsoring the referendum as well as the order of the questions on the ballot)
- Referendum Voter Eligibility:
(i.e. All Students, 1st Years, etc.)
- Type of Referendum:
(Please select one)
- Non-Binding Question of Opinion to the Student Body
- Non-Binding Question of Opinion to a Particular School or Undergraduate Class
- Binding Constitutional Amendment
- If c., please list to which constitution you are proposing an amendment
- Number of Petition Signatures Required:
- A petition for a referendum on a non-binding question of opinion to be put to the entire student body shall be made on a form provided by the UBE and shall be signed by not less than 950 students.
- A petition for a referendum on a non-binding question of opinion to a particular school or undergraduate class must be signed by five percent (5%) of full-time students in that particular school or class. Individuals or organizations collecting school or class referendum petitions should request that the UBE provide them a signature minimum based on up-to-date enrollment figures.
- A petition for a referendum on a binding constitutional amendment to be put to the entire student body shall be made on a form provided by the UBE and shall be signed by a number of students governed by the requirements established in the existing constitution of the governing body for which the amendment applies; the specific number, when set as a percentage of a student population, will be determined by the governing body using the previous semester’s enrollment numbers. If the constitution of the governing body does not specify a required number of signatures, the University Board of Elections shall require a petition signed by no less than 1,250 students.
- Official Petition Signature Forms Requested:
(Because the number of signature fields per page may vary based on the referendum, please indicate the number of signature spaces you would like to receive.)
- Complete Text of Proposed Referendum:
- Current Text, if applicable:
(i.e. the relevant text of the Constitution you wish to amend, as it currently reads)
- Preferred Options for Voters:
(i.e. “Yes, I am in favor of the proposed change.” “No, I am not in favor of the proposed change.”)